Full time remote position
As a member of the ABAG research organization, you will contribute to the development of state-of-the-art distributed ledger technologies, blockchain methods, web3 technologies, and engineering design tools, solving challenging real-world industry problems in the area of cryptography, decentralized finance, computer science, and optimization for ABAGs portfolio companies.
The successful candidate for this position will participate in developing cutting edge blockchain methods and tools to provide for world-class new product introduction (NPI), new-to-industry (NTI), and services/support capabilities throughout the company. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team contributing to the applications of designing new better blockchain-based systems, to improve existing designs, and to disseminate knowledge into the community to stand out as thought leaders in the space. Applications include web3, decentralized finance, layer 2 technology, cryptography, proof of work, distributed ledger technology, lending and borrowing, incentivization, with more.
- Collaborate with ABAG business design and services communities in the development of methods for blockchain technologies and web3.
- Apply blockchain design and research methods to real-world industrial applications for NPI, NTI design, and provide services across ABAG businesses.
- Implement blockchain designs into ABAGs internal projects and tools.
Requirements & skills
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline with at least 5 years industrial experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you will be reporting to leadership.
- Experience in blockchain developments is preferred but not required as long as motivation to learn is there.
- Experience reviewing and writing academic papers is preferred.
- Ability to develop, modify and utilize custom computer codes in various languages such as Python, C++, Solidity, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of blockchain systems.
- Good understanding of Ethereum and Web3.
- Experience with DEXs, internal matching engines, order books is a plus.
- Experience with layer 2 technologies, or big interest in this direction, is a big plus.
- In-depth understanding of solidity, smart contracts, security, and incentivization.
- Experience with software development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership and communication skills in a global team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- 100% remote & flexible hours
- Growing challenging environment
- Learning possibilities (conferences, meet-ups, courses and more!)
- Additional equipment
- Paid time off